"Just your average resort" Ramada Caravela Beach Resort Tip by Sail2Maine
Ramada Caravela Beach Resort, Goa: 1,503 reviews and 1 photos
We stayed here over three days leading up to New Year's Eve 2006. Goa is packed to the gills during that time so it was one of the few options we had given we were not booking for a whole week. The experience was decidedly mixed.
The good things:
- Pristine, and almost empty, beach
- All the expected resort facilities - big pool, swim up bar, tennis and other sports facilities, western style bathrooms, etc.
- An extravagant New Year's Eve buffet on the lawn with individual cabanas in which to eat.
The bad things:
- Extremely musty room with no availability to change rooms
- Room decor that had clearly not been changed in a long time - seemed very 80s to me
- Extremely expensive with an enforced, and expensive, New Year's Eve buffet
- Extra charges for almost everything which just annoyed us
- Taking a cab from the resort was 4x more than what it would have cost in town...but the resort was isolated so there was no choice.
The upshot... I am not really a resort person and I felt isolated (the resort is a ways a way from anywhere) and locked in. We got what we deserved for wanting to be in Goa over New Year's Eve. We went to the Taj resort nearby for dinner one night and although more expensive, it seemed to be more all inclusive and a much calmer environment...and fewer heavy Europeans and Australians who really shouldn't have been in bikinis.
Unique Qualities: Amazing beach with a bar and restaurant right on the sand.
Nice atrium and hotel bar.
Address: Varca Village, Salcette, Goa 403 721
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +91 72101 15477
Sail2Maine's Related Pages
Have you been to Goa?Share Your Travels