"Yue xiang jiang niu rou (spiced beef)" Beijing Restaurant Tip by ntm2322
Beijing Restaurants: 709 reviews and 938 photos
This meat is called 'yue4 xiang1 jiang4 niu2 rou4' (spiced beef). Don't think this meat is regular meat, this meat (I mean the meat's recipe) has been developed for years and years.
If you go to Beijing you should try this snack because it belongs to a 200 year old restaurant called Yue4 Sheng4 Zhai1 (now run by its 7th generation).
According to the owner, now Mr. Ma Yunpeng to make one pound of cooked spiced beef, they need two pounds of raw meat, but in regular shops they only need less than one and a half pounds.
And for the spiced lamb Ma Yunpeng says that his restaurant needs two and a half pounds of raw meat to produce one pound of spiced lamb.
Price Comparison: least expensive
More Reviews (72)
- See All Learning more about Chinese people (2)
- See All Spring Festival ? most important customs...
- See All You're a foreigner, you are supposed to...
- See All Jing3 tai4 lan2 (cloisonné), inherently...
- See All Beijing?s ?art students?
- See All Li2 yuan2 ju4 chang3 (Pear Garden...
ntm2322's Related Pages
Have you been to Beijing?Share Your Travels