"Walking tour around San Agustín" Top 5 Page for this destination Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia Tip by MalenaN

La Chaquira
      La Chaquira and River Magdalena
      On the way to La Chaquira
    by MalenaN

At Casa de Nelly I had talked to Pacho, who is a guide organising horse riding tours around San Agustin, and was told that it was okay to go on the tour without experience. As I hadn?t ridden a horse since I was a kid I had to think until the next day. After the jeep tour I had decided to go on the horse riding tour, but the couple who had arrived to San Agustin with the same bus as me asked if we could take a walking tour instead and that was fine to me as I like walking (but if I return to San Agustin I will for sure take the horse riding tour).

The next morning we left Casa de Nelly at nine and walked through the town and on to El Tablón where we had coffee, talked and saw the museum and the stone figures. After that we walked on to the La Chaquira, a very beautiful place. Then we had lunch at a hotel somewhere in the countryside. After lunch we walked to The Archaeological Park where our guide Pacho left us and we could walk around alone in the park. We arrived to the park quite late and I was worried there would not be time to see everything, but it was fine.
For the walking tour we paid 15 000 pesos each (we had agreed with a lower price but as we walked for more hours than said we paid more).

• Written Oct 27, 2007

Have you been to Colombia?