Hutorok La Mer: "Finally found some real Ukrainian Food" Top 5 Page for this destination Yalta Restaurant Tip by olgaehr

Yalta Restaurants: 13 reviews and 23 photos

Restaurant outside
      Restaurant outside
      View from out table
    by olgaehr
      Me getting ready to order
      Where is our food????
  • Dumplings - Yalta
    by olgaehr

Finding authentic Ukrainian food in Ukraine is more difficult then you think.
Since they are still westernizing there, you can find Italian, French, Thai etc.
You can even find Sushi in a French Cafe (totally weird).

After long search for something authentic, our hotel recommended this restaurant.
Apparently it's high end and of course when we were there we saw people who spoke some other foreign language or someone with Moscow accent.

But the food was worth it. And for Americans it still seems cheap.
We spent $50 on so many different dishes and ironically out of the total my mojito was $10 (I know, who orders mojito in Ukraine, hahahahaah)

We went back there again on a 3rd day, because this was one place where the food did not make my husband sick.

Favorite Dish: Green Borsh (sounds weird, but it was delicious), Cabbage Rolls (golubtsy), Dumplings (pelmeni), Vareniki stuffed with cherries, cottage cheese. Honestly everything on their menu is excellent.

Their dumplings and varenkiki had such a delicate dough, even my grandma does not make it like that. I asked them if i could go and learn how they make it and the waiter told me it's their "secret". Apparently their pastry chef learned it in the village somewhere in Western Ukraine and he does not share the recipe.

Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: Right on Massandra Beach
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Written Oct 26, 2007

More Restaurants in Yalta (1)

“So many places to see, so little time”

Have you been to Yalta?