Kiasu: "Straits of Malacca cuisine" Manoush Cuisine Tip by rexvaughan

Joy, Sacra, Miranda, Rex and Juan
      Joy, Sacra, Miranda, Rex and Juan
      Queensway entrance
    by rexvaughan
      The main room on the lower floor
    by rexvaughan

This is a charming if somewhat plain and the food is excellent. We had a delightful evening and part of the enjoyment was that we met some folks we had met at a program in Spain for Spanish English speakers. As I looked around our little group I thought how appropriate that we eat in a Malaysian/Indonesian restaurant as our group conisted of English, Nigerian, American and Spanish folks. The nice reunion was enhanced by the good food. We were there on Saturday night so it was packed but I suspect that is the case every night. I read one review that indicated reservations are required any night. They seem confident in their cuisine as the name in English means "afraid to be second best."

Favorite Dish: I had the Vietnamese Pho, a nice rice noodle, chicken and rich broth combination and my wife had Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs and both of us had coconut rice to accompany the food. All were a nice combination and well prepared from fresh and tasty incredients. A bonus is that the food is not expensive here - my dinner was 8.20 GBP and my wife's 6.90 plus a couple of glasses of wine.

Address: 48 Queensway, Bayswater
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: A very short walk from the Bayswater & not much further from the Queensway tube stops., Look carefully as the name is in characters that may not be readily recognizable although the name is in English.
Phone: 020 7727 8810
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Pan-Asian and Pacific Rim

• Written Oct 23, 2007

rexvaughan Visits Here Frequently!

“Travel is fatal to prejudice - Mark Twain”

Have you been to London?