"THE THINGS YOU MUST DO IN RIO" Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Things to Do Tip by marcbrazil

Rio de Janeiro Things to Do: 1,159 reviews and 1,802 photos

My first time in Rio
by marcbrazil

Now I live here but since I am studying tourism I know I will be there many times...but it must see place in Rio...The old custon, like once in Paris you have to go to the Eiffel Tower...so in Rio there is no point, you have to go to the Sugar Loaf and see the city from the top and you will be surprised about how MAGNIFICENT Rio is. It is indeed a very charming city, I can tell it easily because I was not born here, and I do love my land, but Rio has a power on us!

This picture registered my first time in Rio when I came to visit Rafael's home...wow I was so happy in that time, well I am still happy..but seeing this place for the first time is something else.

This is the PRAIA VERMELHA which in english means RED BEACH, the portuguese named this area due to the golden sand, and this place is importat because in this beach was the first place an european set foot in Rio in 1501.

And this is the only place where you see the Sugar Loaf exactly like the portuguese saw it for the firt time!

Directions: Praia Vermelha is a military area, you can reach there by passing through Pasteur Avenue.

• Written Oct 22, 2007

marcbrazil Lives Here!

“Believe in your dreams and wishes with strengh and you will get everywhere!”

Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?