"A Special Exhibit at The Modern Art Museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Modern Art Museum Tip by VeronicaG

Modern Art Museum, Fort Worth: 9 reviews and 19 photos

Seated Woman by Ron Mueck 1999
      Seated Woman by Ron Mueck 1999
      I call this, "The Gossips" Ron Mueck
    by VeronicaG

This exhibit featuring Ron Mueck's amazing realistic sculptures had been promoted for weeks. Jim and I visited Fort Worth's Modern Art Museum to see his thought provoking pieces on the very last weekend of the exhibit. We were so glad we did!

The Seated Woman (1999) was one of my favorite works by this fantastic artist. Fortunately, it is part of the permanent collection at the museum. It looks more like a photograph, rather than a creation of silicone, acrylic, polyurethane foam and fabric measuring about two feet tall. Notice her time worn face and delicately executed hands...and alligator shoes!

Picture #2 shows a sculpture titled Two Women, which measured around two feet tall. They are standing on a street corner gossiping--I found them immensely intriguing. Were they talking about us as we gawked and commented on the pieces? One expected them to move at any moment or succumb to a twitch or two!

Address: 3200 Darnell Street
Directions: In the Museum District
Phone: 1-866-824-5566
Website: http://www.themodern.org

• Updated Oct 29, 2007

VeronicaG Visits Here Frequently!

“Many cultures....one world”

Have you been to Fort Worth?