"CERRO NUTIBARA" Medellín Things to Do Tip by swesn

Medellín Things to Do: 79 reviews and 174 photos

Frankly, I fail to see the touristic appeal of Cerro Nutibara.

If you have nothing else to do, it is a pleasant enough excursion, I supposed. Get off at Industriales metro station and somehow make your way there. This area seems to have several factories.

At 80m above Medellin, it supposedly offers a paronamic view of the city, but as it is thickly wooded, you have to work quite hard to find a spot. Or maybe I just couldn't find the viewing point.

You can walk slowly up to the summit. Along the way, you can see more national and international sculptures. There at the summit, you find Pueblito Paisa, a curious set of buildings quite like an open-air museum (with some rooms showcasing historical stuff) and there are souvenir shops too.

'Paisa' is a region of Colombia that includes Antioquia (where Medellin is). I had copied a list of 'Mentiras de Paisas' (Lies from Paisas) from a souvenir shop without totally understanding it. I knew it was a joke, but only when I showed it to my friends from Medellin, did they explain to me the 'Paisa' humour and 'common sayings'.

Here is the list:
- Mañana le pago (Tomorrow, I pay you)
- Quiero a mi suegra (I love my mother-in-law)
- El último y nos vamos (This is the last one and then, we go)
- No vuelvo a beber (I am not going to drink anymore)
- Tu erés mi vida (You are my life)
- Mañana vengo (Tomorrow, I come over)
- Tengo finca (I have a finca ? [a ?finca? is a holiday house in the countryside with swimming pool, horses to ride on, etc? usually friends and families go to spend a weekend or holidays together. But people say it to try and get someone to go over for sex, when actually the ?finca? they promised is just a motel.])
- Te quiero mucho (I love you very much)
- Nunca te dejaré (I will never leave you)
- La puntica no más (Just the head of the dick, nothing more ? [Just a quickie])

• Written Oct 19, 2007

“Every second of every day you're faced with a decision that can change your life - make it!”

Have you been to Medellín?