Strada: "Wonderful Italian food in London" Strada Tip by rexvaughan

Cotto pizza
      Fondente al Cacao
      Front of the restaurant
    by rexvaughan

Strada is a group of restaurants in the UK (I am not sure how widespread) which promotes itself as using only fresh and premium ingredients from Italy. I must say the dishes we had all tasted like this is true. The design of the restaurant is pretty and contemporary and the staff very professional and cordial. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and I am sure our pleasure was enhanced by the fact that we were with a small group of VTers that kept the evening lively and fun.

Favorite Dish: or starters I had a delicious spinach salad with avacado, pancetta and parmesan shavings and a nice mustard dressing and my wife had a Caprese bruschetta which was also quite good. For our entree we shared a Cotto pizza with ham, mushrooms, black olives, garlic, tomato and mozzarella. It was cooked in traditional Italian style in a wood fired oven and was very tasty. It was well washed down with a bottle of Chianti Gonfalone which is a nice all round dinner accompaniment.

We also shared dessert, a Fondente al Cacao, a wonderful "melting" chocolate pudding with vanilla ice cream. YUM!

Address: 39 Panton St, London, SW1Y 4EA, UK
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: A very short walk from Picadilly Circus
Phone: 020 79308535
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian

• Written Oct 17, 2007

rexvaughan Visits Here Frequently!

“Travel is fatal to prejudice - Mark Twain”

Have you been to London?