"Going around Siquijor" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Siquijor Things to Do Tip by elsadran

Province of Siquijor Things to Do: 12 reviews and 33 photos

mangroves

mangroves
      My guide with his friends in Cambugahay Waterfalls
  • Going around Siquijor - Province of Siquijor
      a 100-year old house!
  • Going around Siquijor - Province of Siquijor

Siquijor is very easy to go around by motor bike or by taxi. You can also go around by local buses or tricycles stopping at all points of interest. I preferred to rent a motorbike and the driver as well..It was a perfect day ending up in the village market where we both tastes the local cooking.
We stopped at San Juan, at Lazi, at the Cambugahay Waterfalls near Lazi for a refreshening swim in the cold river water Then we visited San Isidro church and Convent, and we lingered for an hour or more on Salagdoong beach with excellent views on every side. At Maria, a quiet and cute little town we had a snack. Then we went on to see the mangroves, strangely sprouting in the middle of the water, and the oldest house on the island. It is supposed to be 100 years old.... Then we arrived at the north east cape where the coast is more rocky with patches of sandy beaches and I had a look at the resorts, some of them being very picturesque. It was windy on this part of the island so we finished our round visiting the city of Larena with the largest port of the island and finally late in the afternoon we had a hearty meal in the Siquijor Market with the driver, who convinced the local cook to give me the best and the biggest meal. The whole trip was really fun and cost only 10$ and my cap with my country's flag, which I had promised to him as a gift when we stopped at the mangroves and had a nice long conversation.
If you are asked for 30$ or more don't be surprised just say "no" and rent your own motorbike for 8-9$US.

• Updated Oct 17, 2007

Comments

elsadran

“travelling is magic”

Have you been to Province of Siquijor?