Wyndham Casa Marina Resort: "Terrible experience at the Casa Marina" Key West Hotel Tip by kburnham

Key West Hotels: 271 reviews and 279 photos

Bring your hard hat and tool belt.
The Casa Marina is undergoing an extensive renovation throughout the property. This made the stay unpleasant, uncomfortable and unsafe.
The Casa Marina failed to disclose the conditions on their website, and failed to note that there was no wireless internet access, no business center, and intermittent hot water.
In order to get to my suite I was routed right through the middle of the construction zone, which was unsafe, with ladders and open cans of paint and solvent everywhere, and unpleasant with the heavy solvent odor.
I noticed when arriving at my suite that two of the three fire/emergency exits were gated off. The third exit which led to the street area was propped open 24hours so that workers could acces the building; which is nice for them but a security concern for me.
My ocean view consisted of a backhoe and a dumptruck, which started operation way too early in the morning for me.
I complained of the conditions and checked out after one night. I found out the next day that they had maintained a charge for the remaining three nights of my reservation, despite the fact that they had said there would be no additonal charges when I checked out.
So on top of everything else, the management of the Casa Marina are dishonest liars.
I travel extensively all over the world, and this was by far the most unpleasant and regretable hotel experience of my life.

Address: 1500 Reynolds St, Key West, FL 33040
Price Comparison: most expensive
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel

• Written Oct 17, 2007

More Hotels in Key West (1)

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Key West?