"City Buses" Top 5 Page for this destination Buses Tip by cjg1

Waiting for the bus in Potts Point

Waiting for the bus in Potts Point
      October 17, 2007
  • - Sydney

Although I rode the buses here during my first visit, city buses seem to always be the last of a city's transit system I experience. During our 2007 trip we took the 380 from Bondi Junction out to the beach and then when we were done with the beach decided to ride it to its end up in Watson's Bay. What a nice ride that is.

Then of course there was our extensive use of the 311 as this is the bus that goes through Potts Point. Its run is from Circular Quay down Elizabeth through Hyde Park and over to Woolloomooloo and then through Potts Point and Kings Cross before heading for Central Station again.

Of course our Transit Pass covered all fares.

Several of the new limited stops buses are prepay only so be sure you have a ticket if you get on these.

New in 2011, you can now text the bus stop number of your current location for the next buses coming and if they are late. I will work to get this number and update the tip.

Since then we have used many other buses and find it is a great way to spend a day seeing new areas. Just remember people use the buses for basic transportation so do not go sightseeing from the bus during rush hours.

Mode: AROUND
Type: Bus
Website: http://www.sydneybuses.info

• Updated Mar 13, 2012

Comments

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Sydney?