"CHEVERE" Venezuela Local Custom Tip by swesn
Venezuela Local Customs: 57 reviews and 63 photos
Just like the Argentines have their ?Che? (hey, friend, etc?) and the hand-shaped-like-a-chicken-head-and-rocking-to-and-fro gesture and the Brazilians have their ?Ta? (OK) and their thumbs-up sign, the Venezuelans have ?Chevere?.
They use it all the time to describe something or someone good, to end a conversation, anything.
- Did you sleep well last night? Yes, chevere well.
- I have a friend, very chevere, who is now working for?
- OK, thank you, yeah? see you later, chevere.
The Colombians (and some Ecuadorians) use this as well, or so I observed, though not as frequently as the Venezuelans.
More Local Customs in Venezuela (1)
More Reviews (32)
- See All CARACAS: ENGLISH BOOKSTORES
- See All CARACAS: PIRATAS TAXIS
- See All SANTA ELENA DE UAIREN: TEPUYS
- See All FRUIT NAMES
swesn's Related Pages
Have you been to Venezuela?Share Your Travels