Hempstead House: "Country House Hospitality" Kent Hotel Tip by Suzze

Entrance to hotel
      Entrance to hotel
      Outdoor pool
    by Suzze
      One of the hotels lounges
    by Suzze

This weekend was to witness our stay at this lovely hotel, which in my mind deserves a mention on here as I went to look to see if it was already on VT. It isn't, and we were impressed with this place.
It's quite ironic as this place is only about 15 miles from where I live, and this is the first time I've ever seen this place let alone stay here!
We had been invited to my son's best friends wedding there as it caters for weddings.
Have driven by it many many times but you wouldn't even know it was there, as it's tucked away from the signs that advertise it's excistence!

Unique Qualities: I for one cannot believe this is advertised as a three star hotel, in my mind I think it could do with being a four star. From the photos that I will put on here, you may well agree with me.
It's located on the main A2 between Sittingbourne and Faversham and is privately owned. It's set back within four acres of grounds and is right in the Kentish countryside. The landscaped gardens are beautiful and also boasts an outdoor pool for the summer months.
It has a victorian charm about the place with the log fires and antique furniture, and even though it's been extended it all fits in with the surroundings that were already there.
They are now going to have a spa built which will be even more attractive to people who love a spa weekend.

Address: Hempstead House London Road Bapchild Sittingbourne Kent ME9 9PP
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Located on the main A2 between Sittingbourne and Faversham
Phone: 01795 436362
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hempsteadhouse.co.uk

• Updated Oct 14, 2007

Suzze Lives Here!

“Today is the first day of the rest of your life, so go and see the world!”

Have you been to Kent?