"Sensitive to Critisicms!" Manila Local Custom Tip by machomikemd
Manila Local Customs: 104 reviews and 222 photos
We Filipinos too are known for being sensitive to insults, criticisms (constructive and destructive), racial discrimination, and other small issues cropping on occasion. Amor propio, or pride, connects the traits pakikisama, hiya (or shame), and utang na loob (or debt of honor). I think we inherited this from our latin heritage since latins are known to be hot blooded.
All of these affect his amor propio. If you have helped him in a way that cannot be repaid materially, he will constantly thank you for the favor done. The pride to return the good deeds he received nurtures his amor propio, which sometimes leads to showing off especially in the presence of peers and subordinates. His amor propio propels him to be overly of sensitive.
More Reviews (201)
- See All One of the Bars at City Of Dreams Manila
- See All Dreamplay at City of Dreams Manila
- See All Noodle House of City Of Dreams Manila
- See All New Location of Hyatt Manila in Casino...
- See All Chic Mall in the Condominium Row of...
machomikemd's Related Pages
Have you been to Manila?Share Your Travels