"Explosion of colours" Majorelle Gardens Tip by sachara

Majorelle Gardens, Marrakesh: 47 reviews and 142 photos

My first time in Marrakech in 1975 I visited the Majorelle Garden, going there by calèche from the Djemaa el Fna. The memory I had of the garden was the abundant green of bamboo, palmtrees and other tropical trees and plants after coming to Marrkech from my dusty trip in the desert.

After I saw the colourful pictures of the nowadays gardens, I wanted to come back and so I did in 2007. It was a rather short walk from my hotel nearby in the Ville Nouvelle. The explosion of colours I encountered in the garden was more than I ever expected. The purple of the bougainvillaea in combination with the deep blue colour of the villa and the other bright colours like yellow and turquoise were beyond any imagination.

I learned that after my first visit Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Bergé, admiring the Majorelle garden, repurchased the garden, founded the Pierre Bergé-Yves Saint Laurent Trust for restoration and maintenance of this important inheritance of Jaques Majorelle, the original designer of the gardens.

Directions: North of Avenue Yacoub el-Mansour
Phone: +212 5243-13047
Website: http://www.jardinmajorelle.com

• Updated Oct 16, 2007

Comments

sachara

“if you are in a hurry, make a detour. ”

Have you been to Marrakesh?