"Pretty amazing ferry" Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Transportation Tip by Pawtuxet

Long Island Transportation: 5 reviews and 5 photos

There are a few different ways to ferry into Long Island....for me the closest way was from New London, Connecticut. Interesting town, New London. Home of the submarine building facility... and lots of commercial buildings and boats around the ferry dock. Many marine activities and various types of nautical transportation available here.
The men who work the ferry to load and unload cars and passengers are all pretty amazing. Very professional and efficient...they give you concise directions...expect you to follow them to the letter...and they have the ferry loaded in record time. When I parked on the lower deck I was astonished to see enormous trucks being loaded into the center lane...just inches from me and my car. It's quite a feat to squeeze so many cars and those huge trucks. Glad everyone knew how to drive without knocking down any steel posts.
There is a snack bar where you could find a light lunch or soft drink...as well as a lounge with full bar. Top side is a great place to sit...especially if it's a sunny day. Altho it's breezy...you have some great views of the lighthouses and interesting landmarks along the way. Check out some of my other tips for more of this.
p.s. I thought the trip was rather pricey at $44 for my car and one passenger...one way.

Mode: TO
Phone: 631-323-2525
Type: Ship/Boat

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

Pawtuxet

“The World As A Family ~”

Have you been to Long Island?