Sydney Fish Market: "WOW!!!!!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Fish Market Tip by cjg1

Sydney Fish Market, Sydney: 22 reviews and 42 photos

Prawns (October 17, 2007)
by cjg1
      Prawns (October 17, 2007)
      Salt & Pepper Squid and Prawns
  • - Sydney

The Sydney Fish Market is one of those places you always hear needs to be visited. It took until my fourth trip to Sydney to make it here. And boy was it worth the wait. Since our first Fish Market Adventure we have returned several times for some of the freshest seafood in the city.
Our first trip:
We paired this with the super ticket for the light rail and rode out from Sydney Central. Upon our arrival we had to cross the tracks and follow the signs up and across the road. You then come in to the parking lot with some restaurants right there that make you wonder, ?Is this all it is?? Well luckily no it is not all it is. You must walk across the parking lot and enter the opposite corner of where you arrived.

As you walk past the toy and knife shop, you get the full experience. And that I must say was somewhat disappointing from what I was expecting. It is just a row of display cases and stall fronts. But the food from these places are SO worth it.

We first stopped at a BBQ place to get BBQ breaded prawn and BBQ Salt and Pepper Squid. As it was crowded we walked back and got a seat where I said I wanted to buy additional prawns which I did buying a half kilo of cooked jumbo king prawns. These things were 8 inches long before I cleaned them as I ate.

**We find it best to look over all the food stalls before committing to some choices. There is a nice bottle shop in the market to obtain you desired beverage of choice (wine, beer, bubbles or soft drinks). there is also a bakery with some good fresh bread and pastries for desserts.**

Favorite Dish: The Salt and Pepper Squid was so fresh and so good I am already dreaming of it and going back for more. The prawns I bought were great too and so much tastier than what I have had in recent memory. There are several stalls that sell Lobster cooked in many ways and our favorite was the Lobster Thermidore. Very Yum!

Address: Bank Street, PYRMONT, NSW 2009
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +61 2 9004 1100
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Seafood

• Updated Jan 7, 2015

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Sydney?