"Semi Affordable SPG Stay" Top 5 Page for this destination Sheraton on the Park Hotel Sydney Tip by cjg1

Sheraton on the Park Hotel Sydney, Sydney: 1,476 reviews and 11 photos

Room 922
by cjg1

Room 922
    by cjg1
  • Semi Affordable SPG Stay - Sydney
  • Semi Affordable SPG Stay - Sydney

When we booked to come down here I was still in need of an SPG stay. So we booked into the Sheraton on the Park as I felt the “Park View upgrade at check-in” rate I got was the best of the three SPG hotels for that time period. Even though the needs changed before we arrived we stuck with it for the originally booked first two nights of the trip.

The location is right by the St James train station on Elizabeth Street right next to Hyde Park. This proved to be a very good location to start exploring each morning. As we were still adjusting to the time zone we would be awake at sun up and were able to go explore the park while the “attractions” of town were still closed.

Check in was very nice. The man helping us went to some extremes to find us the upgrade and also get us a room soon. As it turned out there was not a room ready unless we’d settle for a smoking room, which I will not do. So he called up housekeeping and asked them to clean the room he wanted to assign to us. They said it would be an hour or two and being that even at two hours would still be before noon we said we’d be back and left our bags. When we came back to check in after touring town the same man helped us and informed me that our bags had been delivered to the room for us. A nice touch.

Upon entering the room I must say I was quite pleasantly surprised. The room was very well appointed as you can see in the pics above and the bathroom was amazing. The door is on the left side of the room rectangle so the wall and closet are on the left and the bathroom on the right as you enter. Then flowing into the bed on the right as you walk straight in. I really liked the pictures and mirror behind the bed and the work area was sufficient. The TV had a rather wide range of channels for Australia and we were able to watch weather when we needed.

Unique Qualities: And that brings us to the bathroom. This was one of the nicest I’ve seen in an SPG hotel. It is behind two pocket doors that put you in the center of the bathroom wall. Big two person tub on the left and stand up shower on the right. The entire wall in front of you is a mirror with only a single sink (minor downer) and counter in front of it and the toilet on the right. Then if you turn around at the sink and look back out the doors the far wall is again a mirror. This really makes it feel big and gives you a great feeling.

As much as I liked this hotel I will probably not use it again unless I am in town for only a night or can’t get a room at Simpson’s. Nothing against this hotel as I was very happy but just the way it is.

Address: 161 Elizabeth St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, AU
Comparison: about average
Phone: 61-2-92866000
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Oct 25, 2007

Comments

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Sydney?