"I loved Granville Island. It's..." Canada Favorite Tip by bambaw

Canada General: 371 reviews and 297 photos

Favorite thing: I loved Granville Island. It's just a short water taxi ride from were we stayed. We went early in the morning and it was already bustling. There are mounds of flowers for sale, all kinds of fresh fruit and vegetables. Meat markets with at least 10 kinds of bacon. Get the European Double Smoked for extraordinary flavor.
We watched some students of the art school there building a totem pole.
AND there are beautiful little houses floating right on the water. Nothing at all like Texas!And I miss it all.

Fondest memory: My husband had been there a few years before and told me it was different. WELL, from the moment I saw Vancouver I fell in love with it. It was so alive and I wish I was there right now. We must have gone at the best time of year. It was cool and crisp in the morning and warm the rest of the day.

The city has a definite personality and the beauty is breathtaking. Mountains, water, parks, shops, and very friendly people. You need a week instead of the three days we had. We WILL be going back.

The picture is of my grandaughter Zen when we were at Stanley Park. As you can see she loved it too.

• Written Aug 24, 2002

Comments

bambaw

“Believe in Yourself”