VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Hotel La Casona, Mompůs" Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Hotel Tip by MalenaN

Colombia Hotels: 101 reviews and 192 photos

The room

The room
      Outside the room
      The hotel
    by MalenaN

I called two days before going to Mompós to make a reservation at Hotel La Casona as it had very good comments in my guidebook and it sounded like a place where I would enjoy staying. As I entered the hotel it looked very charming with the rooms around a courtyard and with rocking chairs outside each room. I got disappointed though when I was taken to my room which was not situated around the main courtyard but in a dark corner by a second smaller courtyard. There was a rocking chair outside my room as well but it felt dark and isolated there.

The room had three beds and a bathroom, and there was both a fan and air-condition (which I didn’t use). As in other hotels in Colombia you will get towels and soap for the bathroom. I think that in all other rooms then mine there was a TV. I didn’t like my room very much and asked for a room around the bigger courtyard but were told they were all occupied (didn’t look that to me).

I paid 25 00 pesos per night (July 2007). There is no breakfast served in the hotel.

Address: Calle Real del Medio No 18 - 58
Phone: 5 - 685 5307
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Hotel

• Written Oct 7, 2007

Comments

Have you been to Colombia?