"The Monarchy" Respect for Royalty Tip by machomikemd
Respect for Royalty, Bangkok: 26 reviews and 30 photos
Thais from all walks of life still have deep respect and a genuine affection for their royal family. You will find pictures of the King adorning not just every public building but even holding pride of place in most private homes. All television channels devote at least half-an-hour every evening to a round-up of the royal family?s activities for the day and you will have to stand to pay your respects to His Majesty before every film or public performance of any kind. Speaking disrespectfully or jokingly about any member of the royal family in Thaiwill make you go to jail since Thailand still has leste majeste laws! (leste majeste law means is is a crime to defame the king) thailand may be a democracy but criticising the king is sill taboo and is punished by 12 years in prison!
More Reviews (270)
- See All Located near the Grand Palace
- See All Thai Snacks
- See All Valrhona Chocolates
- See All Lots of Come Ons at Pantip Plaza
- See All Thai Barbecues and Grilled Street Foods
- See All Silom Plaza
- See All Located in Center of Ratchprasong...
- See All Dusit Leather Company
- Gems Gallery International
- See All Chao Phraya River Cruises
- See All Bring a multi purpose camera
Been to Bangkok?Share your travels with the world!
machomikemd's Related Pages
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels