Ebun: "Traditional Filipina Fare" Makati Restaurant Tip by OnTheRoadGoombah

Makati Restaurants: 290 reviews and 979 photos

After walking around Glorietta and Greenbelt for three hours surveying the 100's of restaurants to choose from, I had whittled my selection down to two. The first was a buffet where I figured I could try numerous dishes (but probably not the best quality) or Ebun, a restaurant that specializes in traditional Filipina cuisine. I opted for Ebun and am very happy I did.

Since the only traditional Filipina cuisine I had was lumpia twenty years ago, I am really not an expert on what is and isn't considered traditional. All I know is that my dish was delicious. I had no idea what I was ordering, so I played it safe and ordered something called Asadong de Saint Rita. So I prayed to Saint Rita, the patron saint of impossible cases, and she answered my prayers.

The chicken and pork was cooked in a sweet chili paste, almost Adobe-like, and I paired it with a side of fried rice with garlic. The food was delicious (once you trimmed the fat from the pork), cheap, and the service was excellent.

With all the choices in Greenbelt and Glorietta, I would expect that poor restaurants fall by the wayside soon enough, so I say give Ebun a try...

Favorite Dish: The garlic rice was delicious.

Address: Greenbelt 3
Price Comparison: about average
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Sep 30, 2007

Comments

OnTheRoadGoombah

“Been there...drank that”