"Kafka never lived in Golden Lane" Golden Lane Tip by franzk

Golden Lane, Prague: 115 reviews and 185 photos

Hi to all,
let me introduce firstly. I am cultural manager working on project about Franz Kafka and his travels. I, together with my colleague search for all places, where used to travel Franz Kafka.

Here are our results: www.franzkafka.info

Resume of our research which we do together with other Kafka experts:

- Kafka wasn´t unhappy guy, living all his life in Prague
- he was crazy about travelling
- he visited around 60 different place all around Europe as Germany, Austria, France, Italy, Hungary, Slovakia...
- for inspiration read his Travell diary, where he is discribing about his impressions.

- Kafka didn´t go to orthodox Jewish school

- KAFKA NEVER LIVED IN GOLDEN LANE, this small flat was only rented by his sister Ottla.
She needed some meeting place for her and her boyfriend, after couple of weeks she decided to rent this flat to Franz, but he never sleep there!

He always stayed there only during day and around midnight went to his family house. So please dont listen crazy fairy tales of touristic guides
- Kafka´s best friend was Max Brod, no Albert Einstein, Gustav Janouch (author of crazy book fool of lies called "Interview with Kafka"
- Kafka hadn´t any kid
- Kafka wasn´t active in communistic party as some guides also tells to tourists.

Please if you have any more questions let me know I am open to tell you more about Kafka and his travels.

My skype is: kafkaproject

Thanx and enjoy "real" Prague not that which is presented to touristis as strange theatre, done only for effect.

judita

Address: Zlata ulicka
Directions: Prague Castle.
Website: http://www.franzkafka.info

• Updated Sep 29, 2007

More Things to Do in Prague (1)

Comments

franzk

“Travelling against time with Kafka”

Ranked Member