"Serene, beautiful and peaceful buddha statue" Temple of the Golden Buddha - Wat Traimit Tip by travelpug

The goden buddha
by travelpug

It's a short walk from Chinatown. Once you enter the temple complex, you would see a big temple building. But the golden buddha is not in the big building. Head to the left of the big building and you will see a smaller building. Go up the stairs, and you will see the golden buddha. The buddha image is of Sukhothai style. It looks very serene and peaceful. The temple is not big. There are money changers in the temple complex (wierd!). By the way, construction was going on in Wat Traimit (August 2007). Perhaps a new and bigger temple is on the way.

Warning: While I am walking towards the temple, a guy unexpectedly took picture of me with his camera. I was annoyed! But I ignored him and walked into the temple. When I left the temple about 30 minutes later, the same guy was trying to sell me a button that he made by the picture that he took of me earlier. Of course I didn't buy it and moved on.

Address: Thanon Yaowarat
Directions: Near Hualamphong Station
Phone: 623 1226
Website: http://www.wattraimitr-withayaram.com/new_t/index_home.php

• Updated Sep 23, 2007

Comments

travelpug Lives Here!

Have you been to Bangkok?