VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"It can do better w/ service!" Hilton Springfield Tip by magstse

Hilton Springfield, Springfield: 941 reviews and 4 photos

I'm here on business and unfortunately this is the only hotel w/ better beds. The housekeeping needs to do better job w/ daily cleaning of the bathrooms.

I have been here since the middle of the year on and off, so I'm @ the gold status. You would think they automatically upgrade my room to the gold member floor but of course that doesn't happen here. It's like luck of the draw, if you get the one and only friendly front desk check in, you don't have to tell them anything. Otherwise be warned how rude these front desk check in people are.

I asked the front desk if I can get ONE .41cents stamp, she said "NO, you can try the gift shop." Come on, I'm staying for 10 nights @ $119 per night + $7 parking and I can't even get ONE .41cents stamp. I go to the gift shop they ran out...told me to walk 2 blocks to the post office. You think if I wanted to do that in the first place I would have??

Bottom line...if you want friendly or even basic services don’t expect much from these people. Someone needs to retrain these people to understand what true customer service means!

Address: 700 E Adams St, Springfield, IL 62701
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +1 217-789-1530
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Written Sep 22, 2007

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Springfield?