"Good if you're on a budget" Casa Linger Tip by ajukeboxcupid

Casa Linger, Venice: 101 reviews and 2 photos

I stayed in this hostel for two nights in the beginning of December '06. I had arrived into Venice very late the first night due to flight difficulties, but the directions I had received on how to get to the hostel were pretty clear. Once I got off on the right water bus stop, I got a little lost, so I called the hostel, and the gentleman manning the desk for the night told me to stay right where I was and he would come meet me. Once he met up with me, we walked back to the hostel together (the directions were easy from there), talked for a bit (he was very friendly), got checked in and called it a night. On the hostel booking website, I believe I had booked a shared room; however, when I got there, I got a single room instead, so that was nice. It was basically just a room with a bed and some furniture; the bathroom was shared and it was on the floor above me.

The next morning I began my tour of Venice. The hostel was in the perfect location. I just began walking alongside the Grand Canal and within minutes got to the Piazza San Marco. From there, as long as you have a map, you can get anywhere you want to go in Venice via walking or water bus stop (I'd suggest getting a 24-hour pass for the water bus).

I spent another night there - it was easy to fall asleep (no noise, lights, or other distractions). The next morning I used the bathroom to take a shower. It was a little difficult, like staying at any other accommodation with a shared bathroom, because a line of a couple people began forming. Eventually, I was able to take my shower. It had to be brief and you had to remember to bring with you everything you would need. I checked out shortly thereafter by leaving my key with the person at the front desk and was on my way.

Unique Qualities: Nothing really unique... it gets the job done for people who are traveling on a budget, like I was. The only thing is that it's not in an obvious location, so I would make sure to get more detailed directions than the ones listed on any of the hostel booking sites.

Address: Castello - San Antonin, 3541, , Venice, Veneto 301
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: In the area between the San Zaccaria and Arsenale water bus stops.
Phone: 39-0415285920