Basket Expressions: "Excellent Gift and Gourmet Coffee Shop" Top 5 Page for this destination Galena Shopping Tip by deecat

Galena Shopping: 5 reviews and 11 photos

Gourmet Decaf Flavored Coffee
by deecat

While on our Ladies Getaway Weekend, we drove to Dubuque, Iowa to visit the shops on Bluff Street. It was a Sunday, and most stores did not open until noon, and all the stores were not open. Probably the best store that we visited that Sunday was called
Basket Expressions. All four of us were able to find items that we purchased, and that is rare.

A mother and daughter own this store [mother Millie Dolter and daughter Jennifer Jennifer Klaas]. It has been open since 1990. Its main purpose is to have a place where customized gifts can be purchased. This is an 11-room Victorian shop.

Inside Basket Expressions is an "in-store Stone Cliff Winery tasting room. This winery is located 7 miles north of Dubuque. The wines that you are able to taste are Cherry, Cranberry, Sweet Concord, White Zinfandel, Cabernet, and Chardonnay. Here you are also able to personalize a bottle of wine with a label that includes a photo or logo with a message. These are good for birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, and housewarming.

Basket Expressions is a delight to peruse. If we had more time, we would have spent it here.

What to buy: Here at Basket Expressions, they have candy, dips, preserves, snacks, soups, teas, coffee, flavored coffees [both decaf and regular] and other gourmet foods.

They also specialize in customized baskets where you can select food items, teas, coffees and also candles wine glasses, and wine [with or without personalized labels].

In addition, they offer small items such as beautiful jewelry, small apparel items, luggage tags, and holiday decorative pieces.

Jill purchased luggage tags; Marcia bought gourmet coffee; Mickey purchased gourmet coffee [both decaf and regular]; and I purchased semi-precious stone earrings for my daughter Jill and four different decaf flavored coffees [Turtle Sundae, Almond Amareto, Snickerdoodle, and White Russian]

For the last week, I have sampled all four flavors of coffee, and they are so delicious. Because I like them so much, I plan to order more through their web-site.

What to pay: I paid $11.00 for the earrings.
I paid $2.85 and $3.40 per 1/4 pound for the ground, flavored Decaf coffees.

Address: 474 Bluff Street, Dubuque, Iowa 52001
Phone: (563)582-4438
Theme: Gifts
Website: http://www.basketexpressions.net

• Updated Sep 18, 2007

Comments

deecat

Have you been to Galena?