"Tragic Beginning, Happy Ending" Golden Sickle Hostel Tip by warmsound

Golden Sickle Hostel, Prague: 12 reviews and 0 photos

Arrived by train as scheduled only to find that the hostel was overbooked and were bumping us out for our three night stay. The provided two options for the same price we paid for their lodging :: (1) Stay in a flat with a Czech family that spoke no English but some French (I do speak some French and so did one of my mates but the third knew none) or (2) stay in a three bed private apartment of our own.

"It's not so far from the city center" the guy said, then sent us with a Czech man who spoke very little english and took us "not so far from the city center" (read :: quite far from the city center; we were almost at the top of the hill with the TV tower).

The place was pretty disappointing. The first night was chilly and the heat never came on so we all snuggled.

The second night the heat came on.

The happy ending was that we did enjoy the company of Prague's student population since we were out of the tourist district. We chose to go out to Akropolis, a large club two blocks up the street. Had a brilliant time there. But I'll certainly not return to the Golden Sickle next time I'm in town.

Unique Qualities: Outstandingly uncomfortable, cold, over booked.

Address: Vodickova 12, , Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha 5
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 077 66 55 030
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hostel
Website: http://www.hostelprague.info/

• Written Sep 17, 2007

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.