"What a dump!" Rochester Plaza Hotel Tip by John1973

Rochester Plaza Hotel, Rochester: 45 reviews and 0 photos

This hotel is disgusting! I stayed here, on business, 9/16/2007. The hallways smell of mold and the hotel is outdated. The first thing that I observed, when I got to my room, was that the ceiling panels looked like it was about to fall out because of heavy stains. It looked like something had been dripping on it for awhile. There were stains on the bed sheets, yellow stains on the blanket, and brown stains on the bed cover. The toilet did not flush. You have to reach into the toilet to manually flush it. The rooms do not have adjustable air conditioning. If it is still considered warm outside then only cold air is blowing. The hotel makes this call. It was 45 degrees when I was there and cold air was blowing out of the system. There is no way of turning off the cold air in the room. I contacted the front desk on the several occassions to get my air turned off or adjusted. Finally someone arrived and turned it off down the hall. The walls are paper thin so get ready to hear what everyone is doing in their room. The doors leading into the rooms are very heavy. When people left their rooms on my hall, the doors would slam shut. The traffic noise is unbearable as well as the train horns. I would avoid this place if I were you. Go somewhere else.

Address: 70 State St, Rochester, NY 14614
Phone: +1 545-546-3450
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.holidayinn.com/rochesterdtwn

• Updated Sep 17, 2007

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Rochester?