"Dirty - Not Secure - Greedy and Rude - Stay Away!" Piccadilly Backpackers Hostel Tip by Eleni33

Piccadilly Backpackers Hostel, London: 765 reviews and 16 photos

I've stayed in Generator Hostel twice in London and, although dodgy and not particularly clean or quiet, it was miles better than this rat hole.
I book two nights, check-in early, the room has 4 beds, is a complete mess stuff thrown all over, there is nobody there, I go to sleep. In the middle of the night a bunch of guys, drunk and loud enter the room, switch on the light and one of them is making a fuss about me sleeping in his bed. He realises I'm a girl, he claims this is a guys room and I can hear his friends in the background suggesting that he should sleep with me (not in these nice words). But my key was working. And his too. The guy kindly leaves me in peace and goes to the reception, I go back to sleep. Next day the reception, different guys than the ones in the night shift, have no record of anybody complaining about double-booking a bed. They say to me "we don't double-book beds here", right, if you say so... What about the security check downstairs, everyone should either present their keys or provide a reference to a valid reservation, in your site you claim this is a secure place (see FAQ, I've actually checked it before going). "This is not our responsibility, this is why we have 24hours reception to report any problems anytime", yeah, after they happen, there is 24hours police to report thank you very much. Well, whatever, I want to check-out and I want a refund for the second night. We argue for 10 minutes, people is waiting patiently in the long queue, because the reception guy refuses to pay me back my lousy 18 pounds for a night I won't occupy the room, after the horrible incident the hostel _is_ responsible for. I don't get my money back and I leave furious.
I've stayed in lots of strange places, I've spent nights outdoors fearing for what might happen to me, but paying not to stay and to be treated like sh** it's my first. I'm not suggesting that anybody who goes there will have my experience. Consider thought the possibility, and how you want to be treated if...

Address: 12 Sherwood Street, , London, England W1F 6BR
Price Comparison: least expensive
Phone: +44 20 7942 0555
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hostel
Website: http://www.piccadillyhotel.net/

• Written Sep 16, 2007

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to London?