"I needed a little break by this stage" Gagetown Off The Beaten Path Tip by Bwana_Brown

Gagetown Off The Beaten Path: 20 reviews and 39 photos

Farmer with his English Bulldog & Pit Bull Terrier

Farmer with his English Bulldog & Pit Bull Terrier
    by Bwana_Brown
      A view of the farm as we leave the driveway
    by Bwana_Brown

As we approached the farmhouse, I mentioned to Russell that, based on my childhood farm experiences, we would most likely be running into a dog of some description. No sooner had I said it than we heard barking and looked up to see a free running Pit Bull Terrier on the porch giving us the eye! I said, Russ - you go first. No actually, I said lets just wait here and hope the owner hears him and comes out as well.

We were in luck, the owner soon appeared, along with an English Bulldog, and motioned for us to proceed. He turned out to be a very friendly chap and both his dogs were eager young pups, wanting to play and giving us a good sniff. We told him of our cockamamy plan to bike the old CNR right of way and he just laughed. He informed us that the whole area from where we had crossed over the welded bridge was private property and he also confirmed that the farmers along our earlier missing section had just ploughed it into their fields as well.

After giving us some advice on how to find the final section into Gagetown, we thanked him and said our good-byes as we headed out his driveway for the back-country road, enjoying the view out over his farm (2nd photo) as we looked back at some of the territory we had already covered.

• Updated Sep 17, 2007

Comments

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Have you been to Gagetown?