Doyer's: "Thai Restaurant. In Chinatown. In New York" Doyer's - CLOSED Tip by gilescorey

Doyer's - CLOSED, New York City: 2 reviews and 1 photos

Trash and a Bicycle overlook "Bloody Corner"
by gilescorey

Doyer's is a basement dive swimming in wood panelling and cheap sparkling wine....and those are the high points...

Well, not really. I thought the food was great, actually, and as one might expect in Chinatown, the bill was as cheap as my father's new fiancee.

A very eclectic crowd frequents this locals' fave, and, though I've seen less exuberant reviews, I enjoyed every plate. Skip the crap sparkling I ordered and stay with the beer. Oh, and don't expect real service. Very confused floor staff.

Favorite Dish: I honestly can't remember what I ate. I think the spring rolls we started with were quite yummy...porK? What the Hell is wrong with my memurry?

Oh, and the corner where Doyer's is located is called "Bloody Corner" because it was where the Chinese Mafia would historically drop their victims' bodies. Many think it's a haunted corner.

Enjoy your meal!

Address: 11 Doyer's Street NYC 10013
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: In Chinatown, just off Bowery, and just south of Manhattan Bridge entrance.
Phone: 212.513.1521
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Pan-Asian and Pacific Rim
Website: http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7113429/new_york_ny/doyer_s_vietnamese.html

• Written Sep 11, 2007

Comments

gilescorey Used To Live Here!

gilescorey

“I was on my way to San Diego, but my house got a flat”

Have you been to New York City?