Stone Age: "Prehistoric pleasures at modern prices" Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Shopping Tip by themajor
Glastonbury Shopping: 13 reviews and 18 photos
It's the name that gives it away. This rather charming shop front hides an array of stones; not perhaps the Rolling Stones although some of the stones within would undoubtedly roll if they were sanded down and given a slight nudge. No, this is the shop for semi-precious gemstones, crystals, and the jewellery which encompasses them. If you are a pedant for a pendant or have a crush on crystals then this is the place for you.
I was particularly delighted to see a number of crystal-hewn wands. Rather attractive in a smartly stumpy way but perhaps an item for the more well-to-do wizard as they are dotted around and above the three figure mark. Perhaps your first spell should be something to do with the turning of base metal into gold? An excellent choice of craft items on display including angelic stones and eggs! I wasn't actually aware that angels lay eggs but as they have wings perhaps I should have investigated further...
What to buy: A crystal-clear purchasing choice!
Address: 2-4 High Street,Glastonbury,Somerset. BA6 9DU
Directions: Down an alleyway just off the High Street
Phone: 01458 835514
More Reviews (11)
- See All Delicious - but low on monkeys!
- I-Spy Glastonbury style
- PACK IT IN
themajor's Related Pages
Have you been to Glastonbury?Share Your Travels
- Courtyard Books Book buying - obtaining the peculiar in print
- The Chalice Well Shop Water water everywhere!
- Too many to mention CD Quest - spiritual wailing to ethereal whalesong
- Plentiful and all-pervading Crystal clear - the mineral must-have!
- The Celtic Thread (gone but not forgotten!) Now floating west of Scotland...