""Downtown" is a misnomer" Doubletree Club Buffalo Downtown Tip by evangelista1215

Doubletree Club Buffalo Downtown, Buffalo: 770 reviews and 0 photos

Contrary to this hotel's name, it is not downtown. It is a good 1.5 miles from the downtown area, nestled into the Buffalo General Hospital medical complex. We were there on a Saturday night, and not only was the hotel itself completely dead (I saw only 1 other person in the lobby the entire 24 hours I was there), but the streets surrounding the hotel were completely deserted, and somewhat sketchy. The room and the bathroom were both somewhat small, and the hallways had no air conditioning.

Further, the front desk told me the wrong room number TWICE, forcing me to go up and down with all my bags to get new keys and the correct room. Also I received a 7am wake-up call that was not requested -- a harsh disturbance for someone who is a late sleeper.

Unique Qualities: The best part of the hotel was its distance from Anchor Bar, which I was unaware of until I actually got there. Anchor Bar -- which invented Buffalo wings -- is only 5 -- deserted -- blocks away, which allows you to have as many beers as you want, as you don't have to drive back to the hotel.

Address: 125 High St, Buffalo, NY 14203
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +1 716-845-0112
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.doubletree.com

• Written Sep 10, 2007

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Buffalo?