Jeff Ruby's: "Fabulous Steak & You Can Go Casual!" Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Restaurant Tip by BeatChick

Cincinnati Restaurants: 162 reviews and 305 photos

Pink Champagne!

Pink Champagne!
      Jeff Ruby's Mac & Cheese
    by BeatChick

Last week, I treated my kids to ANOTHER of Jeff Ruby's fabulous locales, Jeff Ruby's downtown! This is the only location of his with 63-day aged beef (that's 9 weeks, mind you). And the food was fantastic! Now, I can't say that I can tell the difference between a 6-week aged and a 9-week aged steak so I cannot justify paying the extra price, but the steaks were tender, meaty, chewy & juicy as always. And the POTATOES ANNA! I would return just for those alone. It's like a whole stack of sliced potatoes fried in one bunch so they are fork-tender flaky & buttery on the inside, crispy on the outside - perfect.

Favorite Dish: Why the Steak Collinsworth, naturellement! Both times previous I selected the Steak Collinsworth, a 9 oz. filet topped with crab, asparagus (apparently, I can't get enough asparagus) enhanced by a bordelaise and bernaise sauce. Basically, this is the Steak Oscar but with a bordelaise added (very rich indeed). My mom opted for this as well.

We also loved the mac & cheese - fantabulous! And you can't ever go wrong with crème brulée!!

%Photos: March 2010

Address: 700 Walnut St, Cincinnati, OH. 45202
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: Located downtown Cincinnati next to the Aranoff Theatre on the corner of Walnut & 7th.
Phone: (513) 784-1200
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Steakhouse
Website: http://www.jeffruby.com/cincinnati.html

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Mar 21, 2010

Comments

BeatChick Used To Live Here!

BeatChick

“When good Americans die, they go to Paris. ~ Oscar Wilde”

Have you been to Cincinnati?