"The Magic Fountain of Mont Juic" Montjuic Tip by Laura_Mexico

Montjuic, Barcelona: 11 reviews and 20 photos

The Magic Fountain of Mont Juic
      The Magic Fountain of Mont Juic
    by Laura_Mexico
      REAL picture of the fountain during the show
    by Laura_Mexico
      The spanish colors @ the fountain
      Another view
      Lovely pinkish color
    by Laura_Mexico

Back when I visited this attraction not many people knew about it -- at least I never heard about it in my first visit to Barcelona, but on my 2nd visit I got to see it and I LOVED IT...!! There weren't too many people going to see it but this time, 9 years later (2011), there were A LOT of people watching it and apparently it has become really popular.

The main picture of this tip was taken from a postcard I bought there because my film camera was unable to catch all the colors of the fountain water, and the postcard showed the fountain the way it really looked like at night. You will see a nice laser behind the Modern Art Museum, and the fountains will "dance" along with the music they play, make lovely figures and display many different bright colors.

So on my last trip (2011) I had to go back and see the fountain again. This time my digital camera was able to take some really nice pictures and even a short video of the show. I still wasn't able to take a good picture of the modern art museum with the laser behind, but the fountain pics were pretty decent.

The shows start every thursday, friday, saturday and sunday (during the summer) at 9:30 PM and there is one every 30 minutes until 11:30 PM -- although I think they were more frequent than that -- something like every 15 minutes or so. During the winter (October to May or so) the shows are only during the weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun). It's something really worth seeing, and it's FREE!

• Updated Sep 29, 2011

Have you been to Barcelona?