"Fabulous position." Top 5 Page for this destination Hotel Laurin Tip by Openseas

Hotel Laurin, Santa Margherita Ligure: 271 reviews and 1 photos

The hotel is situated directly across the road from the Marina and beach. It is in a prime position within walking distance to shops, cafes, and restaurants. Our room 324 was a standard room but had a lovely large balcony overlooking the marina and sea, with table, chairs and deck chairs to enjoy the view.

The hotel is an average 4 star which needs to be seriously updated. There is no parking on-site but the hotel offers private parking across the road for a small fee per day. Hotel Laurin does not have its own beach but you are directed to use the Hotel Regina Elena facilities which are approx a 10 minute walk away. The facilities here are excellent with towels and deck chairs supplied. There is also a great café for lunch or drinks overlooking the ocean. We did wonder why we didn?t actually stay here for our short time in Santa Margherita, rather than having to walk up the road to the beach.

Our room had a queen size bed, TV, coffee and tea facilities, a very average room with a very average bathroom, although we did really appreciate our lovely gorgeous and delightful view and balcony. Our teenage children had a twin bedroom which was very dark and gloomy, although they did have a small patio with table and chairs. So if staying here I suggest you ask for room 324 for the extra large balcony.

Breakfast was included in our price and was up to normal standard. The staff were very helpful and friendly unlike some other hotels I have stayed in this area.

Eat at: Restaurant Splendido in Portofino and listen to Mario sing!!! Beautiful?..

Unique Qualities: Overall, this is hotel is in a prime position, we were very happy staying here as it represented good value compared to other hotels. For a better option I would consider staying at their sister hotel up the road, especially in summer time.

Portofino is approx 10 minutes ride on a local bus or you can take a leisurely walk capturing the spectacular views. The other suggestion is to take a ferry cruise to Cinque Terre to the five villages of Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore perched on sheer rocky coastline.

Address: Lungomare G Marconi 3, Santa Margherita Ligure, GE
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +39 0185 289971
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.laurinhotel.it

• Updated Oct 7, 2007

“" I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. ~Benjamin Disraeli”

Have you been to Santa Margherita Ligure?