"Prague Churches..." St. Vitus' Cathedral Tip by mbsimjam
St. Vitus' Cathedral, Prague: 328 reviews and 578 photos
I am (probably) not going to do a different tip for each church in Prague, as there are so many amazing churches, and for myself, I simply wanted to know which ones are really something to see...
Now I am going to write this as a church enthusiast. Not every one of these churches are essential pieces to your Prague puzzle, but each one has its own thing and, if you have time, and are in the area, they are great buildings to explore.
The most important churches to see in Prague are as follows(in order of importance):
1. Sv. Vitus Cathedral (in Prague Castle) - one of the most amazing feats of gothic architecture in the world (in my opinion), rivalling Notre Dame in historical, and architectural importance.
Where to go: You must purchase entry into Prague Castle. It is the largest church in the middle of the Castle grounds.
2. Sv Mikulas Cathedral (St. Nicholas - Mala Strana) - Simply put, a feast for the eyes. Laced in gold trim, this is one of the most beautiful, intricately contructed churches I have ever seen.
Where to go: Take a tram to Malostranske Namesti. Looking up the hill in the square, take the road on the left going up the hill. It is at the top part of the square.
3. Tyn Church - More to come on this...
Address: Katedrala sv. Vita, Vaclava a Vojtecha
Directions: Prague Castle
Phone: 420 224 373 368
More Reviews (60)
- See All If in a car...bring a GPS
- See All Caveman Feast
- See All Food to try in Prague: Trdelnik
- See All The Holiday Markets - atmosphere and...
- See All An Evening of Culture and Music
- See All Lazy Daze on Petrin Hill
mbsimjam's Related Pages
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels