"Good option" Hotel Pushpak Tip by Willettsworld

Hotel Pushpak, Bhubaneshwar: 169 reviews and 3 photos

This was my first choice hotel in Bhubaneswar as it was only a fairly short distance from the train station. The station is about a 10-15 minute walk away or about 5 minutes via autorickshaw. The hotel is also a short walk away from the State Museum and a short autorickshaw ride from the temples. When I arrived I was told that they had no room so I began to look through Lonely Planet for another option. I asked again to which they replied that they suddenly had a room. The room I had was rather grotty with no A/C, stains on the walls but OK cleanliness wise. The bathroom was large but not all that nice. I had a quick peek at the A/C rooms and they're much nicer. My room had a TV and was only Rs250. The staff are fairly friendly and helped me out by booking a flight back to Delhi. The hotel also has a very good non-veg restaurant (called the Golden Bird), veg restaurant and a fast food place (that I didn't try) outside on the ground floor. All-in-all OK, cheap but not that comfortable or nice if staying in non A/C. Checkout is 24 hour.

Address: Kalpana Square, Bhubaneswar, Orissa, 751014, India
Directions: Kalpana Square near to the State Museum
Phone: +91 674 231 0185
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotelpushpak.com/bhubaneswar/pushpak/index.php

• Written Aug 29, 2007

“"Don't listen to what they say. Go see." ~ Chinese proverb”

Have you been to Bhubaneshwar?