"Folk museum 'Drumlin' at Udziejek" Suwalki Tourist Trap Tip by evaanna

Suwalki Tourist Traps: 1 reviews and 4 photos

'Folk museum' and cafe at Udziejek

'Folk museum' and cafe at Udziejek
    by evaanna
      Goats grazing in the yard
      The yard with the well
    by evaanna
      Traditional farming tools and machines
    by evaanna

The place called 'Skansen Drumlin' at Udziejek off the road between Jeleniewo and Rutka-Tartak may be interesting to stay in but it certainly falls short of being a folk museum.
When we arrived there, a man appeared from the cottage thatched in the English style, collected 6 zloties for both of us and disappeared just as abruptly, without giving us any directions about what to see. The first door on the right had a sign Afryka (Africa) above it but it was locked, we turned the key in the second and a surprised husky stood in it. I am glad we didn't let it out by mistake. Then an angry woman appeared from the door opposite telling us those were rooms to let, not part of the museum. As it turned out, the only things to see were a few traditional farming tools and machines without any descriptions, some cart wheels and... three goats grazing in the yard. Not the sort of folk museum we had expected. So, although I had wanted to have an ice-cream in the thatched cafe, I gave up the idea. Perhaps it would have been fake as well. Mind you, I know nothing about the accommodation they offer, it may be nice but for rooms, some with shared bathrooms, in the country in Poland it is ridiculously expensive, as are the meals provided, which I have now checked on their website. And, if you are looking for a folk museum, go somewhere else, to the professionally run 'Lithuanian Farm' near Punsk, for instance.

• Updated Sep 2, 2007

Comments

evaanna

“The sky is blue everywhere.”

Have you been to Suwalki?