"Beaches of Lake Ohrid" Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Macedonia Things to Do Tip by Pijlmans
Republic of Macedonia Things to Do: 160 reviews and 489 photos
Ohrid Lake has a few quiet beaches but more and more beaches with music and bars. The local people are quickly taking advantage of the rise in tourism and start to exploit the beautiful shores of the lake. Parking near the beaches often is not free anymore and will cost you about 2 euros for the day. Most beaches consist of pebbles.
An overview of the beaches along the lake, from Ohrid in the north-east to St Naum in the south:
- Kaneo beach, next to the cave church St Bogorodica and St Jovan. Very rocky.
If you walk south from Ohrid along the lake you will pass a bridge and military camp and find the beaches:
- Gorica 1, relatively quiet beach
- Gorica 2, with bars and music
- Gorica 3, with bars and music
- Slavija, with bars and music
The beaches below are best reached by car, (mini)bus or bike. (Mini)buses frequently go from Ohrid to St Naum and back.
- Gradiste, at a camping site. You have to pay for parking and to get to the beach. The camping has several beaches, connected by a little bridge along the rocks. These beaches have bars and music and are very popular among young people. Parties with DJs are frequently organized here.
The cave church St Bogorodica can be found here.
- Trpejca has a long, narrow beach. You can get a boat to take you to more isolated beaches and arrange to be picked up later.
- St Zaum Church with a small beach, which can only be reached by boat from Trpejca or Ljubanista. The location and the church alone are worth a visit.
- Ljubanista, at a camping site. You have to pay to enter the site by car. According to me one of the nicest beaches, since it consists of sand and has a beautiful location, still without loud music last time we visited.
- Beach of St Naum. Not a particularly clean beach, but thanks to the boulevard with its stalls for the tourists it has a good atmosphere.
- Beach of the town Struga (north part of the lake)
- Beach of the village Kalista. On the north-west side of the lake.
Directions: Click on the link below if the layout of this tip is not ok.
More Things to Do in Republic of Macedonia (67)
More Reviews (42)
- See All 91 days in Macedonia
- See All Monastery accommodation in Macedonia
- See All Paths leading to the monasteries of...
- See All Health Insurance
- See All Holidays
Pijlmans' Related Pages
Have you been to Republic of Macedonia?Share Your Travels