IBIS PRAHA CITY HOTEL: "A good location and a decent price - but that's it" Prague Hotel Tip by sabsi

Prague Hotels: 1,100 reviews and 1,032 photos

Hotel IBIS, Prague Wencelas Square
by sabsi

We stayed in Hotel Ibis near Wencelav Square for two nights in summer 2007. The hotel was nothing to write home about but it was ok. The room wasn't too small, a bit smelly though because we got a smokers room. The blankets of the comfortable bed had holes and stains, something I wouldn't normally expect from a hotel you pay around 100 EURs for (we paid 70 EUR for the double room but I think that was the travel agent rate).

Unique Qualities: Breakfast was ok, not too fancy though. The location, a short walk away from the Metro stop and a few hundred metres away from the upper end of Vaclavske Namesti is good. The old town is in walking distance. What I enjoyed most, however, was the hotel bar which is open until 1 am and where you can order a Caipiroshka 5 minutes before closing time without being killed by the barman.

Address: Katerinska 36, Prague
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: A 2 minute walk away from Metro stop "I.P. Pavlova"
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://city.hotelibis.cz

• Updated Aug 27, 2007

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Have you been to Prague?