Eat & Drink like the locals: "Banh Bao-Vietnamese Steamed Buns!" Street Vendors Tip by machomikemd
Street Vendors, Ho Chi Minh City: 21 reviews and 34 photos
Banh Bao are Steamed bun dumplings that can be stuffed with onion, eggs, mushrooms, vegetables, etc. Banh bao is an adaptation from the Chinese baozi to fit Vietnamese taste. You can buy them everywhere and they cost 15,000 to 30,000 VND depending on the filling inside.
Ity goes well with the assorted vietnamese noodles too.
Favorite Dish: steamed bread dumplings with fillings are a generic in South East Asia And East Asia and are copied from the chinese Bao Zi and each country has it's variations and names like the Banh Bao of Vietnam and the fillings inside these banh bao are pork with leafy vegetable and goes well with the sweet chili dipping sauce.
Address: available everywhere
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: available everywhere
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City (65)
More Reviews (167)
- See All Second Highest Bar in Saigon (2)
- See All Saigon Sky Deck (4) Ultra Zoom Views
- See All Apricot Executive Lounge
- See All Mobile Phone Roaming in Saigon
- See All Vietnamese Lacquer
- See All The Park Facing Reunification Palace
- See All Bring Water Proof and Ultra Zoom cameras
- Walk with your eyes on the street!
- See All Pho Mua Sam Night Market
- See All Budget 3 Star Hotel in Nguyen Hue Street
- Be Ready to HAGGLE!
Been to Ho Chi Minh City?Share your travels with the world!
machomikemd's Related Pages
Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?Share Your Travels