"From Bogota to Zipaquira and back" Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá Transportation Tip by MalenaN

Bogotá Transportation: 54 reviews and 48 photos

By Parque de los Periodistas
by MalenaN

It is very easy to make a daytrip to Zipaquira from Bogota using public transport. I took the TransMilenio (red buses) nr B74 from Avenida Jiménez bus stop to the end stop Portal del Norte. It was 1400 pesos and took 25 minutes.
From Portal del Norte there are frequent buses to Zipaquira. They were leaving from the other side of the platform I arrived to. The bus to Zipaquira was 2800 pesos (August 2007) and it took 55 minutes. When the bus stopped near a road crossing and many people went off I asked if it was Zipaquira and it was, and it was also the place for me to go off at as I wanted to visit the salt cathedral.

Going back to Bogota I walked down to the main road and stopped a bus with the sign Bogota. When it passed Portal del Norte it stopped by the side of the road and from there I and the others had to walk over the road on a bridge to the station. At Portal del Norte I looked for a sign saying B74 but couldn?t find it. I asked for the TransMilenio for Museo del Oro (the stop I wanted to go to) and I was told to take number J 72.

Mode: TO