Eat & Drink like the locals: "Cua Lot- Deep Fried Sof Shelled Crab!" Street Vendors Tip by machomikemd
Street Vendors, Ho Chi Minh City: 21 reviews and 34 photos
I love soft shelled crabs and it is hard to get these rare treat but here in vietnam, these are common fare since they have an abundant seafood supply and this is my second favorite dish here at saigon.
Cua Lot is vietnamese deep fried soft-shelled crab served with a sweet vinegar vinaigrette sauce and is an appetizer but can also be as a main course since it is crunchy! they only gathing crabs when molting season starts wherein the crabs lose their hard shell anf grow new ones and it takes 4 days for it to hardened hence it is during this time that these crabs are gathered. it cost 40,000 VND an order at nightmarkets and hawker centers and 75,000 VND at pricey restaurants like Vietnam House Restaurant.
Favorite Dish: the cua lot is available even at the stalls of benh than market and pho mua sam night market
Address: available everywhere
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: available everywhere
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City (65)
More Reviews (167)
- See All Second Highest Bar in Saigon (2)
- See All Saigon Sky Deck (4) Ultra Zoom Views
- See All Apricot Executive Lounge
- See All Mobile Phone Roaming in Saigon
- See All Vietnamese Lacquer
- See All The Park Facing Reunification Palace
- See All Bring Water Proof and Ultra Zoom cameras
- Walk with your eyes on the street!
- See All Pho Mua Sam Night Market
- See All Budget 3 Star Hotel in Nguyen Hue Street
- Be Ready to HAGGLE!
Been to Ho Chi Minh City?Share your travels with the world!
machomikemd's Related Pages
Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?Share Your Travels