Simon and Seaforts: "Great Alaska Dinner House" Simon and Seaforts Tip by AlbuqRay

Simon and Seaforts, Anchorage: 11 reviews and 12 photos

Watch for This Sign
      Watch for This Sign
  • Lounge - Anchorage
      Spectacular View Out the West Windows
      Crab- and Macadamia Nut-Stuffed Halibut
      Mixed Fruit Cobbler a la Mode
    by AlbuqRay

Simon and Seafort's is one of the finest restaurants in Anchorage. This is a restaurant that totally lived up to its reputation. SpringPrincess and Extremist really picked a great place for our VT meet on my last night in Alaska. We had to wait a little (even with a reservation) but we got a booth near the west windows. The view was spectacular. Since the restaurant sits above Elderberry Park, it is the same view but you are up higher. The service was excellent, although there was a spilled wine accident (some things just happen). Just one thing though; Simon and Seafort's is not your budget diner. Most entrees will run $25-$40.

Favorite Dish: I picked their award-winning crab- and macadamia nut-stuffed halibut. It was delicious. Not only was the seafood excellent, Extremist thought her prime rib was very tasty. For dessert I had creme brulee and fruit cobbler (yes, I had two desserts). Well, out of the kindness of my heart I helped SpringPrincess finish her creme brulee.

Address: 420 L. Street
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Near 5th Avenue and L Street
Phone: +1 907-274-3502
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Sep 15, 2007

“Karma with free will: we earn our destiny by choosing among countably infinite eigenstates”

Have you been to Anchorage?