Stevens': "Lovely Addition to the Restaurant Scene in Gurnee" Top 5 Page for this destination Gurnee Restaurant Tip by deecat

Gurnee Restaurants: 14 reviews and 18 photos

White Fish stuffed with Crab topped with Shrimp

White Fish stuffed with Crab topped with Shrimp
      Stevens' Steakhouse in Gurnee, Illinois
    by deecat
      Apples, candied pecans, feta cheese, & greens
      Hand Rolled Pizza
  • Lovely Addition to the Restaurant Scene in Gurnee - Gurnee

On August 24, 2007, Allan and I decided that we needed a "Friday Night Out" dinner; thus, we decided to try a restaurant close to home that we had talked about but had never visited. We had heard that the food was excellent but a bit expensive at Stevens' in Gurnee.

We parked and went up to look at their menu that was posted outside, deciding that it was quite tempting. As we walked inside, I was very impressed with the decor. We chose to sit in one of the black leather booths, even though it did not have, like the tables did, linen table clothes.
But, I love the intimacy of a booth versus a table.

Service was just outstanding. Our waiter seemed to anticipate our every wish. We started with drinks. I had a coAmereto Stone sour, and Allan had a Vodka Martini%c*. Allan ordered Calamari that came with cocktail sauce and Buffallo sauce.. I'm not a Calamari fan, but I did try his, and it was delicious, especially with the Buffallo Sauce.

There is a huge bar in a separate room that was quite crowded on this early Friday evening. Beside that bar is another more informal room and a lounge area with comfortable seating.

All-in-all, Allan and I were quite pleased with Stevens' in Gurnee

Favorite Dish: Even thought Stevens' is advertised as a Steakhouse, it has a varied menu that includes Appetizers, Soups, Salads, Sandwiches, Pastas, Seafood, Side Dishes, and, of course, Chops and Steaks.

Allan's entree was Stuffed Whitefish over fresh asparagus topped with shrimp. It was stuffed with crabmeat and had a truly delicious sauce [that Allan sopped up with the hot bread!]

I ordered a Hand Tossed Pizza with Tomatoes, Basil, and Cheese. It was quite good, but the crust was not crispy enough. However, the next day when it was heated in the oven, it was perfect.

I also had an incredible Stevens' Salad that had assorted greens, Granny Smith Apples, candied pecans, and Feta Cheese with a mild dressing...it was outstanding.

We ordered dessert and coffee. Allan enjoyed a Strawberry Chocolate cake with a scoop of ice cream, and I had Tiramisu. All desserts are homemade. The coffee was just wonderful.
What an enjoyable, romantic dinner we shared.

Address: 401 N. Riverside Plaza, Gurnee, IL 60031
Comparison: about average
Phone: (847) 599-8533
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Steakhouse

• Updated Aug 25, 2007

Comments

deecat

Have you been to Gurnee?