"Civet Cat Coffee (Weasel Coffee in Vietnam)!" Ben Thanh Market Tip by machomikemd
Ben Thanh Market, Ho Chi Minh City: 83 reviews and 153 photos
Although Vietnamese Coffee is not as fine as Indonesian Coffee, they have more civet cats to compensate for it hence Civet Cat Coffee (Chon in Vietnamese or Weasel Coffee in English) is the Most INEXPENSIVE Civet Cat Coffee in the World! (Note Indonesia (Coffee Luwak) and Philippines (Coffee Alamid) also exports this blend made from coffee beans excreted by civet cats and cost $ 600 a pound in the US. it only cost 140,000-200,000 Vietnamese Dong (VND) or 8 tp 10 US Dollars to buy 100 grams or about $ 41 for 1 pound (454 grams! Talk about cheap, it is even cheaper than Kona Coffe of Hawaii!) of it but you must know how to haggle for it, you can bring it down to 125,000 VND!
if you don't want to haggle then just Buy Trung Nguyen Weasel Coffee in any supermarket, they are the Nescafe of vietnam!
beware: there are replica civet cat coffees and they sell much cheaper so be sure that you are buying the real thing
Address: Benh Thanh Market, Binh Tay MArket
Directions: Trung Nguyen Company Branch:304/61 Dao Duy Anh st, Phu Nhuan Dist, HCM, , Vietnam
More Things to Do in Ho Chi Minh City (76)
More Reviews (156)
- See All Second Highest Bar in Saigon (2)
- See All Restaurant with 360' Views of Saigon...
- See All Apricot Executive Lounge
- See All Mobile Phone Roaming in Saigon
- See All Vietnamese Lacquer
- See All The Park Facing Reunification Palace
- See All Bring Water Proof and Ultra Zoom cameras
- Walk with your eyes on the street!
- See All Pho Mua Sam Night Market
- See All Budget 3 Star Hotel in Nguyen Hue Street
- Be Ready to HAGGLE!
Been to Ho Chi Minh City?Share your travels with the world!
machomikemd's Related Pages
Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?Share Your Travels