"Hostal Colonial, Puerto Colombia" Top 5 Page for this destination Venezuela Hotel Tip by MalenaN

Venezuela Hotels: 89 reviews and 94 photos

Hostal Colonial, Puerto Colombia
      Hostal Colonial, Puerto Colombia
      My room at Hostal Colonial
    by MalenaN

There are many posadas in Puerto Colombia, but many of them are quite expensive. Hostal Colonial is one of the most popular in the budget range. The bus from Maracay stopped just outside the hostel, and with it came other tourists as well. We all went across the road to Hostal Colonial. They didn?t have a single room so I got a double with bathroom for 50 000 Bs per night (July 2007), which they wanted me to pay in advance. I?m glad my room was facing the courtyard were it was quiet and not the street as the buses start running very early in the morning and the drivers are very keen on pressing the horn loudly.

You can buy breakfast at Hostal Colonial from 7.30 in the morning. Fruitsalad, toast and coffee was 11 000 Bs and a fresh fruit juice, scrambled eggs, toast and coffee was 10 000 Bs. The first morning I didn?t have to wait very long for breakfast, but the second it was very slow and I had to wait more than half an hour for the breakfast to appear. When I finished a family arriving at the breakfast table at the same time as me had not jet got their breakfast.

Hostal Colonial is nice and clean, but nothing special.

Puerto Colombia is a small place so Hostel Colonial is within walking distance from everything in the village. Playa Grande is about 10 - 15 minutes away.

Address: Calle Morillo 37
Phone: 0243 - 991 1087
Theme: Hostel

• Written Aug 24, 2007

Have you been to Venezuela?